Monday, July 28, 2014

Hanging Mason Jar Vases

  

This is another fairly easy project, but a little more time consuming. I needed something on either side of a large canvas on my wall and this was the perfect solution. They're so pretty; this is my favorite blue color right now!

Materials Needed:


  • Wood blocks
  • Acrylic/craft paint
  • Mason jars
  • Hot glue gun
  • Faux flowers

Step One: Paint the wood blocks.



I chose to paint mine a nice neutral color first, and then added a slightly darker color on the second coat to give it a worn, somewhat wood-like look. (I used "Suede" and "Tan," both by Craft Smart.)

Step Two: Paint the mason jars.


I used the color "Caribbean Blue" from Delta Ceramcoat, which is a nice, vintage-y blue. SO PRETTY, I'm obsessed right now. Anywayyyy, I did a couple layers, but you want a nice worn look, so don't try to cover it too perfectly; ideally you should see the brush strokes and some of the glass underneath. Don't worry about painting the rim of the jar (we're just gonna cover it up later.)

Step Three: Hot glue!

 

Once the paint on the wood blocks and the mason jars is completely dry, use the hot glue gun to glue the back, flat side of the mason jar to the center of the wood block. I placed the bottom of my mason jar a little lower than the bottom of the wood to leave room for the flowers above later. It should look something like this:

 

Step 4: Adding the ring.

If you like it then you should put a ring on it... because then it looks 10 times better. Take the lid and separate the seal from the ring. Set the seal aside for another project or toss it. Twist the ring only back on to the mason jar.



Add flowers and you're done!


- Kylie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment