Friday, August 8, 2014

Trash to Treasure - Spray Painting Goodwill Finds


I'm in the process of pretty-ing up our built in bookcase, since it currently just collects random junk. I saw lots of cute silver candle holders and knick-knacks, but didn't want to spend a ton of money since I'm on a broke-college student budget... Always fun haha! I decided to do what any good crafter would do - figure out how to make some cute decor myself!

This process took me to my local Goodwill, where I found all of this. Each piece was either $0.49 or $0.99 - and my total came out to less than six bucks.


I picked up some metallic silver spray paint at Hobby Lobby for about $4 with my 40% off coupon, so this project ended up totaling about $10. I couldn't have bought ONE of those candle holders for that price!



I went to town with the spray paint to make everything match - and now you'd never know they were a hodge-podge of knick-knacks!


I'm pretty pleased with how everything turned out, and they all look so cute and tie everything together on our shelves! So simple and so inexpensive - gotta love it! Oh! And functional! This $0.49 plastic bowl looks so much better with a couple coats of spray paint and serves a great purpose - remotes are always all over the place!


Happy treasure hunting!!

- Kylie :)


No comments:

Post a Comment